Wow! We are incredibly grateful to everyone who showed up to partner with the Day School on North Texas Giving Day this year. Yesterday alone, our families and friends raised $54,937 for our sweet school! We are so grateful to our Parent Council for organizing this campaign, especially Partnership Campaign chair, Stacy Hicks, President, Caryn Bramhall, and Vice President, Caroline Flanigan.
If you didn't have a chance to partner through North Texas Giving Day, it's not too late! Simply visit this page to become a partner - levels start at $25.
I want to be sure that you understand the impact of your donations. Hopefully many of you were able to follow our insta-stories yesterday to see your dollars at work in our school. Your financial gifts allow us to go above and beyond our standard operations to provide continuing education for our teachers, updates to technology, and new, high-quality furnishings and classroom items. All of these improvements directly enhance our ability to achieve our mission of partnering with families to educate the whole child within a nurturing Christian environment.
Here are some specific examples of how your donations were used in summer 2018:
- Nineteen teachers attended the 2-Day Frog Street Splash Early Childhood Conference
- Our literacy specialist received advanced training in the Multisensory Teaching Approach
- Six teachers are in the process of receiving their Child Development Associate
- Beginners classes received new lofts for gross-motor play in the classroom
- Explorers classes received new science shelves, light tables and cozy corners
- PreK3 received new dramatic play markets, art shelves and sensory tables
- PreK4 received new light tables and dramatic play centers
- Kindergarten received new listening centers
- All staff received training and consultation in designing early childhood environments
When we say we couldn't do it without you, we mean it. Your generosity enables the Day School to achieve a level of excellence that creates an incredible environment for children to learn and grow. The impact of what we were able to accomplish in the summer has led to an exciting momentum of continuous learning and improvement. I am thrilled to lead this amazing school blessed by wonderful, supportive families! On behalf of all the teachers and staff at the Day School, THANK YOU!