1/15: Spirit Day
1/18: Pajama Day! Children can wear their favorite pajamas to school as part of our clothes unit. Please make sure they still have shoes suitable for the playground.
21: MLK Holiday: No school!
This Week We:
- Were SO excited to see our friends again! We missed each other over the break!
- Focused on our letter of the week: “Q”.
- Began a brand new unit of study: Clothes!
- Learned about the features of clothes- buttons, zippers, snaps, patterns, etc.
- Counted the buttons, snaps, zippers and Velcro we wore to school. Our class had on 55 buttons, and Maeve had on the most buttons: 12!
- Learned all about “describing” words in order to expand and mature our vocabulary. We all go a turn to describe the clothes we had on.
- Learned how to bowl in Motor Lab.
- Learned about the story of the Wise Men in Godly Play.
Next Week We Will:
- Learn how we can take care of our clothes.
- Learn all about our letter of the week: “G”.
- Work on writing our own names.
- Refine our fine motor skills by “sewing” a pocket for Corduroy... an extension of one of our favorite books!
- Recall and act out another favorite book: Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
- Generate a list of words that begin with “G”.
- Play a fun counting game with socks!
December 3: Baker
December 10: Calderon
December 12: Spirit Day! No uniforms!
December 19: 11:00- 11:30: Class Christmas party. Children may skip the uniform and wear their Christmas best.
December 20: 11:00- Christmas Sanctuary service. Our class will be participating by singing on stage. Please wear uniform. There will be no departing carpool- you may pick your child up in our classroom after the service.
December 21- January 6th: No school! Christmas Break
January 7: School resumes.
This week week we:
- Learned all about the letter “U”... our first letter with a “curved line”!
- Played a fun rhyming game.
- Used our scale and different balls to try to find out how to balance both sides.
- Worked on our amazing art piece for the school auction!
- We investigated the question “What makes balls move?”.
- We learned about Jonah and the whale with Mrs. Bell.
Next week we will:
-Paint with balls.
- Learn about different sports and vote for our favorite one.
- Learn all about the letter “C”.
- Do a ramp expirement to determine which ball will roll the farthest.
- Learn some new sports themed poems and rhymes.
- Learn what worlds begin with the letter “C”.
- Learn more about the equipment that athletes use when they play sports.
- Work on recognizing numbers 1-10.
11/5- 11/9: Book Fair!
11/6: Spirit Day
11/8: Open House: 5:30- 6:30. The whole family is welcome!
11/19- 11/23: Thanksgiving Holiday- No school! Enjoy the special time with your family.
11/28: Parent/Teacher Conferences. No school! Stay tuned for more information.
This week we:
- Focused on the letter “H”.
- Turned our home center into a Construction Zone.
- Built towers and buildings using shaving cream and foam blocks.
- Played a math game to help us recognize numbers 1-10.
- Practiced our scissor skills by cutting out shapes.
- Learned all about the story of Three Little Pigs and decided what we would wan to build our own homes out of.
- Used our scale to learn about measurement and balance.
- Learned how to Hula Hoop in Motor Lab!
- Collected bright red and yellow fall leaves.
Next week we will:
- Discuss what makes our own building special and what happens in our building.
- Focus on the letter “T”.
- Learn more about the concept of “alike vs different” by comparing two different buildings.
- Continue to work on recognizing our numbers and counting objects.
- Go on a fun Scavenger Hunt in our building to learn more about our school and church building.
- Begin to talk about Thanksgiving.
- Prepare our classroom for special visitors on Open House.
- Come up with a list of words that begin with “T”.
- Illustrate our answer to the prompt “ I think the most important building is....”.