April 29: McNeil
May : Merrill
May 13: Moradi
May 20: Morris
May 27: Obenhaus
May 21: Spirit Day!
May 24: Last day for Academy
May 27: Memorial Day- No school!
May 30: Field Day/ Last Day of School
This Week We:
- Began our Exercise Unit
- Focused on the letter “X”
- Made a list of everything we would like to learn about exercise.
- Learned how to do the splits, do jumping jacks, push-ups and yoga!
- Refined our fine motor skills by cutting out shapes.
- Learned how to isolate and count the syllables in our names.
Next Week We Will:
- Begin to draw our end of year self- portraits. We can’t wait to compare them to the ones we drew at the beginning of the year.
- Work on our sorting and classification skills with a fun sports game.
- Learn more about “describing words” and how we can add them to our vocabulary.
- Play a game to help us identify and generate rhyming words.
- Do partner yoga!
- Learn more about the letter of the week “Y”!
4/5: Our class will be leading Chapel. Please make sure the kids are on time so we can get them in costume! Our Chapel is from 8:45- 9:00 in Wynn Chapel.
4/17: Class Easter Party: 11:00
4/18: Easter Sanctuary Service: 10:30- 11:00. Grandfriend Celebration: 11:00- 11:45. There is no Academy and no departing carpool.
4/19 and 4/22: Easter Holiday. No school! Enjoy this special time with your family!
4/24: Spirit Day!
This Week we:
- Drew portraits of our Dads and discussed the many reasons we love them.
- Had a blast at Dad’s Night!
- Worked on writing our names.
- Learned how to scan text to find specific words.
- Played a game to learn how to isolate the first sound in a word and identify the letter.
- Discussed what animals are pets and got to share about our own pets.
- Looked at photos of bluebonnets and painted our own. We have a bluebonnet field in our classroom now!
Next week we will:
- Present the story of Jesus entering Jerusalem in Chapel.
- Learn all about the beautiful and miraculous story of Easter.
- Focus on our letter of the week: “N”!
- Make props for our Chapel presentation.
- Continue to refine our scissor skills by cutting out shapes.
- Work on our classification skills by sorting pets by their characteristics and what types of homes they live in.
- Continue to observe and record the growth of the seeds we planted.
March 4: Sutton
March 18: Wilcox
March 25: Witter
3/11-3/15: Spring Break
3/25- 3/29: Book Fair
3/20: Book Character Day. Children may come to school dressed as their favorite character from a book. More details to come!
3/28: Dad's Night! Be on the lookout for more information.
This week we:
- Learned all about the letter "R".
- Discussed ways we can reuse items instead of throwing them away!
- Made beautiful art out of found and reused objects.
- Focused on recognizing rhymes and coming up with our own rhyming words.
- Had fun coming up with new and complex blocks.
- Continued to love going to Chapel... it's one of our favorite parts of our school week!
Next week we will:
- Learn what items we can recycle, and what items we can throw away.
- Read "Paper Bag Princess" and make our own accessories out of paper bags!
- Compare numbers while playing a fun game.
- Practice isolating the first sound we hear in words and trying to figure out what letters makes that sound.
- Practice writing our names.
- Make a sculpture using recyclable items.
- Practice cutting with our thumb on top.