Thank you for your interest in HPPDS! The Admission Process consists of three parts:
Entrance assessments are required for all prospective students entering Pre-K4 through Kindergarten. PreK3 applicants participate in a 30-minute classroom setting observation in January. You will be contacted by the Office of Admission to set up a time for an assessment or observation time after completing your application.
Should the HPPDS Admission Committee accept a student's application, the family will be notified in late January. Families will have 24 hours to accept the spot and enroll their child in HPPDS. Current students are guaranteed a spot in the next grade level each year as long as they re-enroll during the protected period.
- HPPDS does not discriminate upon the basis of race, color, creed, gender, national or ethnic origin. This non-discriminatory policy applies to admissions.
- HPPDS’s mission is to partner with families to educate the whole child within a nurturing Christian environment. The HPPDS leadership will consider the ability of an applicant and his/her family to thrive in this environment. HPPDS leadership will also consider each family’s willingness and eagerness to commit themselves to partnering with HPPDS to cultivate this environment and realize our mission. HPPDS seeks families who are supportive, respectful, loyal and invested.
- HPPDS will consider whether applicants have the aptitude to succeed at HPPDS. This assessment will be facilitated by teacher evaluation forms, entrance assessments, observations in classroom settings, and/or other means of evaluation as deemed appropriate by HPPDS leadership.
- Other factors will warrant preferential treatment in the admissions process but will not guarantee admission. These factors, in no particular order, are:
- Children of HPPDS and HP Pres staff.
- Siblings of current students and students who have recently attended HPPDS.
- Active, participating membership at Highland Park Presbyterian Church.