Toddlers 1 and 2
(1-2 years of age)
Themes are two to three week studies that allow children to explore and investigate high-interest topics and build conceptual understanding of the world around them.
Toddler teachers utilize the Creative Curriculum, an award-winning, research-based program that supports a developmentally-appropriate approach to learning through exploration and discovery.
Hellos and Goodbyes: Teachers help children manage separations and reunions with loved ones as children gain self-confidence and build trust.
Intentional Teaching: Teachers provide engaging and playful learning experiences that are based on learning objectives with either small groups or one on one.
Exploration: Development in all areas is supported through purposeful play with developmental toys and manipulatives that promote stacking, sorting, nesting, pushing, pulling, etc.
Snack Time: Children practice self-care routines and enjoy a sense of community.
Outdoor Play: All areas of development are supported as children explore and play on the playground.
Toddler curriculum includes each of the following:
- Music – children learn to love music and support development in all areas as they sing, dance, and play instruments in the music and movement room
- Motor Lab – through specific movement activities, children improve large-muscle skills, balance and coordination in the music and movement room
- Spanish – children will be exposed to the Spanish language each week as the Spanish teacher visits to sing songs, read stories and play games related to the classroom theme
- Librarian Story Time – the librarian visits the classroom to engage children in the joy of reading through exposure to various texts and dramatic readings
- Godly Play – Bible stories and songs are introduced in the classroom by our Godly Play teacher