Toddlers 3 and 4
(2-3 years of age)
Themes are two to three week studies that allow children to explore and investigate high-interest topics and build conceptual understanding of the world around them.
The Creative Curriculum is an award-winning, research-based program that supports a developmentally-appropriate approach to learning through exploration and discovery.
Hellos and Goodbyes: Teachers help children manage separations and reunions with loved ones as children gain self-confidence and build trust
Group Time: Children experience a sense of belonging and are introduced to new concepts and materials through stories, fingerplays, songs etc.
Intentional Teaching: Teachers provide engaging and playful learning experiences that are based on learning objectives in either small groups or one on one.
Workshops: Development is supported through purposeful play - Blocks, Dramatic Play, Manipulatives/Games, Art, Library, Discovery, Sand and Water
Snack Time: Children practice self-care routines and enjoy a sense of community
Outdoor Play: All areas of development are supported as children explore and play on the playground.
Toddler curriculum includes each of the following:
- Music – children learn to love music and support development in all areas as they sing, dance, and play instruments in the music and movement room
- Motor Lab – through specific movement activities, children improve large-muscle skills, balance and coordination in the music and movement room
- Spanish – children will be exposed to the Spanish language each week as they sing songs, read stories and play games related to the classroom theme
- Library – children visit the Library and are engaged in the joy of reading through exposure to various texts and dramatic readings
- Godly Play – Bible stories and songs are introduced with hands-on learning experiences the classroom by our Godly Play teacher